In a well-crafted essay of at least five, well-developed paragraphs, please give your reaction to Sean Penn's film adaptation of Into the Wild, basing your essay off of the following five questions:
1. First of all, what was your overall reaction to the film? Explain in detail.
2. Interpret various images or themes as presented in the film.
3. What are three lessons you learned by watching the film? Explain in detail.
4. To what biblical themes that we've discussed in class does the film relate?
5. How is Alexander Supertramp's journey a spiritual one? Be detailed in your response. If a specific Old Testament biblical passage comes to mind, please reference the passage by indicating the book, the chapter, and the verse numbers. (Think prophets of Israel: How is Chris "Alex Supertramp" McCandless like one of the prophets? Explain.)
This assignment is Due: Tuesday, May 5 by class time.
It must be typed or submitted to the blog.
Your heading should be as follows:
Bro. Rob Peach, FSC
May 5, 2009